Work With a Prenuptial Agreements Attorney in Maryland to Protect Yourself and Your Assets
Before tying the knot, it’s important to consider a prenuptial agreement. This contract, signed by both soon-to-be spouses, determines how assets will be divided if the marriage ends in divorce. If you’re in Maryland and you need guidance on prenuptial agreements, turn to the experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee. We’re here to ensure fairness for our clients.
Who Benefits from a Prenuptial Agreement?
A prenuptial agreement can be beneficial if any of the following apply to you:
- You have children
- You own significant property
- You own a business
- Your income exceeds $100,000 per year
- You have been previously married
The Advantages of a Prenuptial Agreement
In Maryland, a prenuptial agreement offers several advantages in the event of divorce:
- Protection of prenuptial assets
- Avoidance of costly litigation
- Protection against prenuptial creditors
- Safeguarding the interests of children from previous relationships
Understand that without a prenuptial agreement, Maryland law calls for the equitable distribution of all marital property. With a prenuptial agreement, you and your spouse make the decisions regarding the property interests in question. If you are already married, you can pursue a similar solution in the form of a postnuptial agreement. A prenuptial agreement can also be revoked with the agreement of both spouses after you are married.
What Can Be Included in a Prenuptial Agreement?
At the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee, our skilled family law attorneys can help you draft a comprehensive prenuptial agreement that covers:
- Credit card and bank account usage
- Tax return filing arrangements
- Alimony or spousal support terms
- Property division (division of assets and debts)
- Rights to life insurance policies and retirement benefits
- Lifestyle arrangements
Contact Us Today to Draft Your Prenuptial Agreement
Don’t leave your future up to chance. Contact the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee to ensure your assets are protected with a well-drafted prenuptial agreement. Call us at (301) 279-0692(301) 279-0692 or reach out to us through our online form. Conveniently located near the Rockville Courthouse, we proudly serve clients in Montgomery County and throughout Howard, Frederick, and Carroll Counties in Maryland.
You have the option to choose the format of our initial information-gathering session with us. You can either meet us in person at our boutique law office in Rockville, Maryland, connect via Zoom video conference, or have a discussion over the phone to suit your convenience. We understand the value of flexibility in scheduling, so we offer evening and weekend appointments to accommodate your needs.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee
Ellen L. Lee has devoted over 35 years of unwavering commitment to aiding individuals and families in Montgomery County, Maryland with their family law needs. Grounded in counseling and psychology, she provides personalized guidance and assistance to her clients in an inviting atmosphere — prioritizing effective communication while forging new beginnings amidst family law disputes.
- Tenacious & Compassionate Legal Support
- Trusted Guidance that Exceeds Expectations
- Full Range of Family Law Services
- Flexible Consultation Times: Nights and Weekends are Available
- Over 35 Years of Experience Practicing Family Law in Montgomery County, Maryland
Our Founding Attorney conveniently meets with clients via phone, video conference, or in person at our office in Rockville, Maryland.