What to Look for in a Divorce Attorney
You Need Supportive, Aggressive Representation
Navigating a divorce can be a life-altering and gut-wrenching experience, even if you and your spouse can maintain civility. With the magnitude of decisions you must make and the unfamiliarity of the court system, having an attorney who can provide emotional support during this process is crucial. At the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee, our founding attorney draws on her background in psychology and counseling to offer you the support you need. However, we are not afraid to be tough and aggressive when advocating for your interests.
The Advantage of an Effective Divorce Lawyer
An exceptional divorce attorney goes beyond handling paperwork. Our divorce law firm guides clients through every stage of the process, including mediation, settlement negotiations, and trial, if necessary. You need a lawyer who will fiercely advocate for your interests concerning matters like property division, spousal support, child custody, and child support. Having a lawyer who listens to your concerns and addresses them with compassion is equally important.
Finding the Right Lawyer
Choosing the right lawyer to handle your divorce is a significant decision. You will be relying on this attorney to guide you through what can be an emotional and challenging event in your life. Consider the following factors when selecting a divorce lawyer in Maryland:
- Experience: Has the lawyer handled cases similar to yours? Have they represented clients through all stages of the process, including trial? Do they have experience with a range of family law issues?
- Track record: Have previous clients had positive experiences with the attorney?
- Accessibility: Will you be able to easily reach your attorney when needed? Will they promptly respond to your calls, emails, and letters?
- Involvement: Will you primarily communicate with the divorce attorney directly or with paralegals and legal assistants?
- Reputation: Is the lawyer well-known and respected among other divorce lawyers in Maryland?
Schedule a Consultation Today
At the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee, our Maryland divorce attorney offers compassionate support and aggressive representation. Contact us today at (301) 279-0692(301) 279-0692 to schedule a consultation.
We offer you the flexibility to schedule your initial information-gathering session in person at our boutique law office in Rockville, Maryland, through video conference via Zoom, or over the phone. To accommodate your needs, we provide evening and weekend appointments, ensuring a convenient and tailored experience.
Ask a Question,
Describe Your Situation,
Request a Consultation
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Ellen L. Lee
Ellen L. Lee has devoted over 35 years of unwavering commitment to aiding individuals and families in Montgomery County, Maryland with their family law needs. Grounded in counseling and psychology, she provides personalized guidance and assistance to her clients in an inviting atmosphere — prioritizing effective communication while forging new beginnings amidst family law disputes.
- Tenacious & Compassionate Legal Support
- Trusted Guidance that Exceeds Expectations
- Full Range of Family Law Services
- Flexible Consultation Times: Nights and Weekends are Available
- Over 35 Years of Experience Practicing Family Law in Montgomery County, Maryland
Our Founding Attorney conveniently meets with clients via phone, video conference, or in person at our office in Rockville, Maryland.